How to use two WhatsApp accounts on one phone? A step by step guide
- You will be able to switch between the two WhatsApp accounts easily.
- Here’s how to use two WhatsApp accounts on one phone and everything you need to know about this feature.
AdvertisementMost people in India have two phone numbers, thanks to all smartphones offering dual SIM support. While this is a good feature to have, users have always found it difficult to use two WhatsApp accounts on one phone.
Mark Zuckerberg, the founder and CEO of Meta, has now announced that WhatsApp users will be able to use two accounts on one phone within a single app. Users will be able to easily switch between the two accounts from within the app, without having to install any additional applications or use the WhatsApp Business application.
How to use two WhatsApp accounts on one phone
- Open the WhatsApp app on your phone.
- Then, open WhatsApp settings by clicking on your photo on the top right corner.
- Now, click on the down arrow next to your name.
- Then, click on “Add account” and then click on “Agree and continue”.
- Enter your phone number and click on “Next”.
- Follow the prompts to accept or deny permissions.
As you will have two WhatsApp accounts on your phone, notifications may get a bit cluttered and confusing between the two accounts.
To help solve this, WhatsApp has said that you can set the notification and privacy settings separately for each account. This means that you can change the notification tone for each account, to help differentiate between messages on both the accounts.
Additionally, you can change the privacy settings on both the accounts, be it for your picture or the status that you post on the app.
Best smartphones under ₹30,000 in India – the perfect mid-range options for you
OnePlus Open foldable launched in India as an 'affordable' alternative to Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Android 14 rollout begins with Pixel smartphones – new features, eligible devices and more
Popular on BI
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer