Users in some cities can now search nearby restaurants on Snapchat — here's how to use it
Snapchatadded a new map feature that lets you see nearby restaurant recommendations and reviews on the Snap Map.
- This feature requires permission to access your location and show results.
- Let's check how to use the feature.
AdvertisementSnapchat has partnered with a restaurant review website, The Infatuation to help users find nearby restaurants through the Snap Map. Users can add restaurants to their favourites and even share with friends via chat. It also shows the address and directions for the restaurants. Snapchat announced that its users will now automatically see Infatuation reviews in 'Place Profiles' in more than 50 cities around the world.
Last year, Snapchat introduced Layers as a way to find things on Snap Map to do with their friends. Earlier this year, Snapchat partnered with The Ticketmaster which allowed users to discover live events through the Snap Map. This is the second time Snapchat has partnered with a company through its Layers feature.
To use the Snap Map restaurant feature make sure the app is allowed to access your location and that you are using the latest version of the application.
Steps to use this feature-
- Open your Snapchat and click on the map icon from the bottom left corner or tap on the profile icon and click on the Snap Map option.
- The map will display nearby friends and the restaurants and food joints options.
- You can even move the map to check nearby options.
- If you like any restaurant and want to save it for later, you can add it to your favourites by clicking on the restaurant icon and tapping on the 'heart' icon.
- Also, if you want to share a restaurant with your friends, you can click on the restaurant icon of your choice and tap on the send button. (You can also share the restaurant via other apps or a link.)
Nothing phone (1) display specifications leaked ahead of launch - here's everything we know so far
Best upcoming WhatsApp features – edit messages, recover deleted messages, polls, cover photos and more
Popular on BI
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors
- Asian Paints' non-executive director Ashwin Dani passes away
- Mapping Zealandia: Scientists chart the tectonic secrets of Earth’s sunken 8th continent
- World Heart Day: Nourish your heart with heart-healthy foods and practical tips