How to send disappearing photos and videos on WhatsApp
- This is possible through the ‘View Once’ feature that lets users view the photo or video only once after they receive it.
- Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use this new WhatsApp feature.
AdvertisementWhatsApp this week rolled out a new feature that lets you send disappearing photos and videos like Snapchat. It’s called ‘View Once’ and like the name suggests, this feature lets you view photos and videos only once after you receive them on WhatsApp. It was first available for WhatsApp beta users, and it is now available to all users globally.
The new ‘View Once’ feature is available with the latest version of the
How to send disappearing photos and videos on WhatsApp:
- Open any chat on WhatsApp and tap on the paper clip icon.
- Select the photo or video you want to send to the chat.
- After you’ve selected, look for the new 1 icon in the text bar.
- Tap on the icon so that the photo or video can be viewed only once.
Do note that the disappearing photos and videos can still be kept in record by the recipient. This is by taking a screenshot of the photo or a quick screen recording of the video. That would require some super-fast speed but it’s still a possibility. This feature comes shortly after WhatsApp rolled out the ability to join missed group calls. It is now easier to jump back in WhatsApp group calls if you've missed them or were dropped. If you're wondering how to do that here's a step-by-step guide.
Popular on BI
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley