How to download images from Google Earth View – Choose from over 2,500 landscapes
What is Google Earth View?
Earth View was developed over ten years ago by the search giant. It is a collection of thousands of earth’s most beautiful and colourful landscapes, as seen from space. It was developed after Gopal Shah, product manager, Google Earth used the platform to take a screenshot of Salt Ponds and used it as a wallpaper.
“Earth View has the power to elevate our minds from our tiny screens to outer space—the landscapes that materialize when you open a new tab or unlock your phone punctuate your day with a global looking glass,” said Shah.
Earth View captures images using Google Earth and enhances them. Its images are used as wallpapers, screensavers and as part of the company’s interactive exhibit in Google Earth’s voyager. As per a blog post, the images are “optimized for today's high-resolution screens—featuring brighter colours, sharper images and resolutions up to 4K.”
How to download and use images from Google Earth View
- Open your browser and go to Google Earth View website.
- Now, click on ‘Explore images’.
- Click on the left and right arrows on the screen to browse images.
- You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard to browse images.
- Click on the ‘Download Wallpaper’ button to download an image.
- Click on the ‘Start Leanback mode’ to automatically scroll through the images.
- If you want to view the location in Google Earth, click on the earth icon at the bottom right corner.
You can also use the new colour map to select a particular landscape that features your favorite colour. Click on the ‘Download Wallpaper’ button to download an image.
Earth View extension for Chrome
- Open Chrome and go to the Earth View from Google Earth extension.
- Now, click on ‘Add to Chrome’.
- Click on ‘Add Extension’.
You can also use the Earth View photos to be set as wallpapers on your Android smartphone.
- Download the Wallpapers app for your Android device.
- Open the app and you can choose from ‘Landscapes’, ‘Earth’, ‘Seascapes’ and more.
- While selecting a wallpaper, you can turn on ‘Daily wallpaper’
Google Earth will now let you explore space from your smartphone — but it still pales in comparison to the web browser
How to measure the distance between multiple points on Google Earth, with the free Google Earth Pro software
How to go 'back in time' in Google Earth using its historical imagery feature, and see locations many years in the past
Popular on BI
- Best double door refrigerator (fridge) in India
- The Terra LUNA crypto crash has sparked the debate on ‘true’ decentralisation
- Tech Mahindra, Tata Motors, Maruti Suzuki, Ambuja Cements among stocks to watch out for on May 16
- Former Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds dies in car crash
- Why Lunar Eclipse on May 16, 2022 is called ‘Blood Moon’ total lunar eclipse