OnePlus 9T may not launch this year
- Leakster Max Jambor has revealed that OnePlus will not launch the 9T smartphone this year.
- The cancellation of the
OnePlus 9Tcould be due to the global shortage of chips.
- This will be the first year since 2015 that OnePlus will not launch a T-model
AdvertisementOnePlus may skip the launch of the OnePlus 9T this year. For those unaware, OnePlus has been releasing a ‘T’ variant of its flagship phones in the second half of the year since the OnePlus 3T, and if the speculation is true, it will be the first year since 2015 when the ‘T’ variant will be skipped.
Leakster Max Jambor revealed that OnePlus will not release the 9T in a cryptic tweet that read, “No 9T”. The reason for the cancellation of the
The global shortage of chips has forced other manufacturers like Samsung and Huawei to drop some of their expected launches. While Samsung has pulled out of launching Galaxy Note 21 at this year’s Samsung Unpacked event, Huawei may cancel its Mate 50 to focus on the Huawei P50 series.
In 2019, OnePlus released two T-model devices, the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro. But in 2020, OnePlus did not launch the OnePlus 8T Pro to put its focus on a relatively cheaper, OnePlus 8T. Interestingly, the news of the cancellation of the OnePlus 8T Pro was also revealed by Max Jambor.
The wait extends for OnePlus loyalists who were looking forward to getting the OnePlus 9T. They can either wait for the OnePlus 10 or get OnePlus’s latest flagship device, OnePlus 9 Pro or OnePlus 9.
Those of you waiting for new smartphone launches should not be dejected as Samsung, Google, Apple and Xiaomi are going to release their premium smartphones later this year.
OnePlus launches Nord 2 in India starting at ₹27,999
OnePlus confirms slowing down popular apps on OnePlus 9, 9 Pro
Popular on BI
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- PMV Electric car with no front passenger seat enters Shark Tank but exits with no deal
- The Union Budget is round the corner, but is your budget sorted?
- Have you ever observed your mother's time management skills?: Modi on Pariksha Pe Charcha
- Pakistani rupee sees highest one-day fall in 20 years
- Science says Bridgerton’s Regé-Jean Page is the world’s most handsome man. Here are others