Top 6 smartphones launched in India during the coronavirus lockdown
- Smartphone makers have opted for online launch events due to the nationwide coronavirus lockdown.
- Apple, OnePlus and Xiaomi are among the companies that have launched their
AdvertisementThe nationwide coronavirus lockdown has affected several businesses and the smartphone industry is one of them. While several companies postponed their launches due to the coronavirus pandemic, some companies opted for online-only launch events.
Apple, OnePlus and Xiaomi are the companies that launched smartphones during the lockdown. Additionally, Realme and Poco are scheduled to launch their new devices soon. If you are looking to buy a smartphone in the coming days, here are some of the latest options.
OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus announced the flagship OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro during an online global event on April 14 and subsequently announced the Indian pricing on April 19. If you are looking for a flagship smartphone with a near stock Android experience and premium feel, the OnePlus and OnePlus 8 Pro are good options.
The OnePlus 8 series is priced starting at ₹41,999.
Xiaomi Mi 10
The Xiaomi Mi 10 is the latest offering from the Chinese smartphone maker in India and was launched on May 8. It competes with the new OnePlus 8 series and offers high-end features including 5G support. If you want a flagship device and are not happy with the OnePlus 8 series, the Xiaomi Mi 10 is worth considering.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 is priced starting at ₹49,999
Apple iPhone SE
Apple introduced its budget iPhone, the iPhone SE with its powerful Apple A13 Bionic chipset. The phone offers a small 4.7-inch display and retains the Touch ID fingerprint sensor. If you are looking for a budget iPhone, this is a good option.
The Apple iPhone SE is priced starting at ₹42,500.
Realme Narzo series
Realme launched the Narzo 10 series on May 11, priced starting at ₹8,499. It includes the Narzo 10A and the Narzo 10, both of which are placed in the budget segment.
Poco F2 Pro
Poco launched the F2 Pro at a global launch event on May 12. The flagship device has been priced starting at €499 and is the successor of the company's affordable flagship Poco F1. The company is expected to soon launch the device in India.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
Xiaomi had launched the Redmi Note 9 Pro and Redmi Note 9 Pro Max in March. However, only the Redmi Note 9 Pro has been sold so far and the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max’s first sale is scheduled for May 12.
OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro launched in India, prices starting at ₹41,999
Samsung Galaxy M21 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro: Battle between Xiaomi and Samsung for the budget segment
Popular on BI
- I asked Microsoft's 'new Bing' to write me a cover letter for a job. It refused, saying this would be 'unethical' and 'unfair to other applicants.'
- Microsoft's ChatGPT-powered Bing browser now available publicly
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- Shares of Alphabet fall 8 pc after Google rollout of AI search features
- Rupee falls 12 paise to 82.66 against US dollar in early trade
- Sensex drops 115 points in early trade tracking losses in RIL, Maruti, & Tata Motors
- Extend H-1B visa grace period 12 months: Indo-American organisations launch online petition
- Disney plans to cut 7,000 jobs and reward shareholders