iOS 16 public beta is now live - here’s how to use it on your iPhone
Appledrops iOS 16public beta for free.
- iOS 16 brings Lockdown Mode, a custom lock screen, and more to its devices.
- Here’s how to download and
install iOS 16on iPhone.
AdvertisementApple released its iOS 16 developer beta around its Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) last month, but not many were eligible to download and install the iOS 16. The developer beta version of iOS 16 requires an Apple Developer Program membership, which is $100 (₹7,962) per year.
Now, Apple has officially made the public beta version of iOS 16 available for free. This means if you have a compatible iPhone, you can simply enroll in the Apple Beta Software program and register your device and get free access to the
iOS 16 is only available on iPhone 8 and later. Click here to find the full list of iOS 16 supported iPhones.
The beta version of iOS 16 may contain bugs that can compromise your data, which is why you should back up your device. However, if the back is enabled on your iPhone then it should back itself up every time when it is connected to the Wi-Fi and power. If not then go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud > iCloud Backup and then tap on Back Up Now.
Here’s how you can download and install the iOS 16 beta on your iPhone
- Once your iPhone is backed up then sign up for the Apple Beta Software Program.
- Tap on the Sign-up button and use Touch ID or Face ID to log in to the Apple ID.
- Read and accept the agreement of the Apple Beta Software Program.
- Once you accept the terms and conditions next page will appear then scroll down to ‘Get Started’ and tap on ‘enroll your iOS device.’
- Scroll down and tap on the ‘Download profile’ button. A pop-up will appear saying that website is trying to download a configuration profile, then tap on ‘Allow.’
- Open ‘Settings’ app on your device and then tap on the ‘Profile Downloaded’ section which will be located right below your Apple ID information.
- Tap on ‘Install’ and then enter your passcode and then tap on ‘Install’ again,
- Once installed, tap ‘Done.’
- Go back to the ‘Settings’ and tap on General > Software update > Download and Install.
- Once the beta has been downloaded, tap on ‘Install Now’ and restart your device.
- Once restarted, you’re good to go.
Top five features of iOS 16 beta
The ‘Lockdown Mode’ offers extreme security levels. Turning on ‘Lockdown Mode’ will strictly limit certain functionalities such as Messages, Web browsing, Apple services, and Wired connection. This new security tool is built to fight against malware and spyware like Pegasus.
Customize the Lock Screen
With iOS 16 users can now personalize their lock screen with custom fonts for date and time, multilayered wallpapers, widgets for calendar events, battery levels, weather, and more. The new lock screen showcases a range of new weather wallpaper along with live weather conditions. The iOS 16 also support multiple lock screen designs allowing users to switch between favorites with a swipe.
Edit or Unsend an iMessage
The iOS 16 gives the ability to edit the recently sent iMessages. Now, users can mark the iMessage conversation as unread after opening them. Besides this, iOS 16 will allow you to edit or unsend an iMessage for up to 15 minutes after sending it.
Full-Screen Music Player
The public beta of iOS 16 enables a full-screen music player on the lock screen. Apple introduced this feature back in 2016 on iOS 10.
With the iOS 16 update, the device will automatically generate captions in real-time for any audio content including FaceTime calls.
Playboy hops on to the Metaverse with Sandbox
Business lessons learned from the Colonial Pipeline attack
Popular on BI
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states
- Sunil Kanugolu: The poll strategist behind Congress' win in Telangana
- Digvijaya and Kamal Nath are now history, says Ashwini Vaishnaw as BJP attains victory in MP