How to find phone numbers registered in your name and block those that aren’t yours
Sanchar Saathiportal allows you to find mobile numbers registered in your name.
- You can disconnect numbers not registered by you or which are no longer in use.
- Here’s how you can easily track numbers registered in your name.
AdvertisementWhen you seek a new phone number, one of the things that you need to provide is some proof of your identity. This prevents misuse and allows the authorities to pin down the person responsible for a crime, when it’s committed.
However, there may be some numbers registered in your name that you may not be aware about. It is important to keep track of the phone numbers registered in your name and block unknown numbers.
The Department of Telecommunications has set up the Sanchar Saathi portal for just this purpose. This portal allows you to track the phone numbers registered in your name and also block unknown numbers.
How to find phone numbers registered in your name
To begin, go to the Sanchar Saathi portal here.
- Now, enter your phone number and the captcha shown in the image.
- Click on “Validate captcha” and you will receive an OTP on your phone.
- Enter the OTP and click on “Login”.
In addition to showing the numbers registered under your name, you will get three options –
- Not My Number
- Not Required
The option “Not My Number” indicates that the number is active without your knowledge and should be disconnected.
The option “Not Required” is for those numbers that are active but you no longer require them. They will also be disconnected.
The option “Required” is for those numbers which you are currently using and no action is required.
How to disconnect unknown numbers registered in your name
You can disconnect
If you want to disconnect a number registered by you but which is no longer being used, click on “Not Required” and click on “Report.
Sanchar Saathi portal to track and block lost phones
The Sanchar Saathi portal can also be used to track and block lost phones to prevent misuse. You can use this guide to know how to track your lost phones or block them.
How to track and block your lost smartphones using the Sanchar Saathi portal
Lava Agni 2 5G vs OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite 5G – Which sub-₹25,000 phone should you buy?
8 things that Google Bard can do, but ChatGPT cannot
Popular on BI
- Unlocking the Wonders of Coconut Oil: From Culinary Delight to Wellness elixir
- Chestnuts: Nature's nutritional powerhouse
- Taylor Swift's ‘Eras Tour’ concert film set to premier in India
- Melting poles: Unprecedented levels of sea ice loss threatens global climate balance
- Peanuts: A nutty marvel of nutrition