How to order food on ONDC: A step-by-step guide
Image credits- Pixabay
- People are using
ONDCto order food at affordable rates.
- ONDC is an open-source network that the government of India backs.
- ONDC was first made available in Bengaluru.
AdvertisementZomato and Swiggy transformed the food delivery industry, enabling customers to satisfy their cravings with just a click. These two enterprises have been closely competing, frequently providing offers and discounts to their clients.
Nonetheless, a fresh contender is gradually emerging in the food ordering arena, threatening the dominance of Zomato and Swiggy. The newcomer is the ONDC (Open Network for Digital Commerce), which is a government-supported platform.
Currently, the ONDC service is only available in certain areas, including Bengaluru. The ONDC was launched in its beta format in September last year. Recently, the ONDC gained the attention of netizens when it was noticed that the platform offered grocery and food delivery services.
ONDC - Open Network for Digital Commerce
The Open Network for Digital Commerce is a private, non-profit organization created by the Government of India's Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
Its main objective is to develop open networks for e-commerce, which was established in April 2022. The network includes various small and large-scale e-commerce players and is designed to challenge the market dominance of large players in the market like Amazon and Flipkart in India.
How to order food on ONDC?
ONDC does not offer its own app for food ordering. At present, customers can order food through the partner apps - Paytm and Magicpin.
How to order food via Paytm?
- Open the Paytm app and click on the ‘search’ option.
- Search for ONDC using the search option, and you will find an ONDC Store.
- In the store, you will see a list of available dishes and restaurants.
- Select the food item that you wish to order.
- Add the address and make the payment.
- Download and open the Magicpin app and select the food option.
- Select the food that you wish to order.
- Add the address and make the payment to confirm your order.
Google launches Passkeys for hassle-free login to Gmail and YouTube without a password - here's how to set them up
Apple’s Safari is the world’s second-most-used and least vulnerable desktop web browser, yet only 1% of Indians use it
Popular on BI
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore