What Naomi Osaka eats to fuel up for the Olympics, from avocado toast to salmon rice bowls
- Naomi Osaka shared with Insider what a day of eating looks like for her.
- She enjoys avocado toast, salmon, and salads, plus green tea and green juices.
- Osaka is currently competing in the Tokyo Olympics.
Naomi Osaka shared an average day of eating with Insider as part of our Olympic series, The Gold Plan.
The tennis star is currently competing in the Tokyo Olympics in her birthplace of Japan.
Osaka said her diet varies every day, but follows a similar pattern.
Naomi Osaka's average daily diet
For breakfast, Osaka eats avocado on toast with smoked salmon and a green juice.
"I usually eat a larger breakfast because I go straight into training and won't eat again till the afternoon," she told Insider.
After training, she rehydrates with a Bodyarmor Lyte sports drink and some fruit, then it's time for lunch.
"My lunch usually consists of rice, vegetables, grilled salmon, or usually a great salad or bowl from Sweetgreen," Osaka said.
The athlete is an ambassador for Sweetgreen, and said that her favorite thing to eat is a Sweetgreen salad with green tea.
When she's not competing, Osaka usually has meetings in the afternoon followed by physical therapy until about 6 PM.
She eats dinner around 7 PM, and tends to opt for something light unless she's craving a particular food.
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley
- Reserve Bank asks NPCI to help continue operations of Paytm app
- Top 10 places to visit in Andhra Pradesh