Here's everything new in Zoom – gesture recognition, revamped whiteboard, breakout room activities and more
Zoomhas released a new update that brings several new features and improvements.
- One of the highlights is the introduction of gesture recognition and a revamped
- Here’s how you can use the new gesture recognition feature on Zoom.
AdvertisementZoom, the video conferencing app has emerged as one of the most popular video conferencing solutions for business since the Covid-19 pandemic began. It has now received a new update that brings new features and several improvements to the app.
The new 5.10.3 update to Zoom brings features such as gesture recognition to Mac and Windows, a feature that has been available for the iPhone for some time now. With this, users can use gestures such as raised hand and thumbs up to react during the video conferencing.
In addition to this, the new update also brings a revamped Whiteboard, and Zoom IQ for Sales, which uses artificial intelligence to analyse calls and offer insights, actions and content for sales meetings.
The new gesture recognition feature in Zoom allows users to use gestures such as a raised hand to let other users know you want to ask a question or say something and use a thumbs up gesture to indicate that you like something.
How to enable gesture recognition on Zoom
To enable gesture recognition on Zoom, follow the below steps:
- During a meeting, tap the more button.
- Then, click on the meeting settings icon.
- Now, go to the gestures section and enable the “Raise Hand” and “Thumbs Up” sliders.
Zoom IQ for Sales
Zoom IQ for Sales is a conversation AI solution that is capable of analysing customer interactions with the team to offer insights and suggestions that can help the sales team to improve and work on their interactions.
Breakout room activities
AdvertisementThe new update also allows the host to efficiently manage the breakout room activities. It allows you to view how the participants are engaging with each other. The host can see the participants’ audio and video status and whether the person is sharing their screen.
Hosts will now be able to efficiently manage polls by accessing a central library of polls. This allows you to edit the polls and use them for meetings.
This billionaire investor booked a $400 million loss on his billion dollar Netflix investment
Indian travellers in UAE can now use UPI for payments
WhatsApp could soon introduce a paid subscription for multi-device support
Popular on BI
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA