Google Pixel Fold, the company’s foldable phone, could soon become a reality as it appears on Geekbench ahead of its launch next year
Front Page Tech
- The Google
Pixel Foldhas been spotted on benchmarking platform Geekbench.
- The device is expected to be powered by the Tensor G2 chipset.
PixelFold is expected to be launched in May 2023.
AdvertisementGoogle has been working on its foldable phone for a while, and the company’s Pixel division confirmed this in 2019. The device is expected to be launched early next year, and ahead of the launch, it has been spotted on benchmarking platform Geekbench.
According to a MySmartPrice report, the Google Pixel Fold has been spotted on Geekbench with the codename “Felix.” The device has been spotted running on the company’s Tensor G2 chipset, which powered the recently announced Pixel 7 series.
Google Pixel Fold expected design and specifications
The Pixel Fold’s design was revealed last month after renders of the device were revealed. The renders show a large foldable screen and a smaller outer screen. The device is expected to feature a glass back, a metal frame, and a large pill-shaped camera module.
The device is expected to be powered by the company’s Tensor G2 chipset, coupled with 12GB of RAM. The device will reportedly run on Android 13 out of the box.
The chipset features two high-performance cores clocked at 2.85GHz, two silver cores clocked at 2.35GHz, and four efficiency cores clocked at 1.8GHz.
The device has a single-core score of 1,047 and a multi-core score of 3,257. For comparison, the Galaxy Z Fold 4 has a single-core score of 1,351 and a multi-core score of 3,808.
The Pixel Fold is expected to feature a 64MP Sony IMX787 sensor, a 12MP IMX368 ultra-wide-angle sensor, and a 10MP S5K3J1 telephoto camera. The device is expected to feature a 9.5MP punch-hole camera on the front.
The Pixel Fold will compete with Samsung’s Galaxy Z series, Xiaomi Mix Fold 2, and other foldable devices. Samsung is the current leader in the foldable segment, occupying over 60% of the market share.
ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can find mistakes in your code or write a story for you
Good news for butterfingers; with new Gorilla Glass, your smartphone can withstand a 1-meter drop on concrete
iPhone 15 features roundup – Ultra variant, solid-state buttons, USB Type-C port, and more
Popular on BI
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Mark Zuckerberg just ushered in a new era of tech, where profitability and efficiency trump perks and culture
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Poco X5 Pro Review - Solid performance, boring design
- PM launches 20% ethanol blended petrol in 11 states/UTs
- ITC stock scales 52-week high as brokerages hike target price
- Last mile deliveries, food aggregators to drive E2W growth says Redseer
- Poco’s mid-range smartphone X5 Pro 5G launched in India starting at ₹22,999