Spotify unveils home screen redesign with endless vertical scrolling feed like Instagram
Image credits- Spotify
Spotify's mobile app home screen gets a new design to simplify music and video discovery.
- The new design includes personalized audio and visual previews,
Smart Shuffle, and more.
- Also, autoplay for Podcasts is now available on Spotify's mobile app.
AdvertisementSpotify app’s home screen gets a complete redesign to simplify the process of discovering
During its Stream On event, Spotify unveiled its plans for a mobile app redesign, featuring a new home screen that offers users the ability to quickly preview music, podcasts, and audiobooks. The app update also includes a new ‘Smart Shuffle’ button, improved search discovery features, and an autoplay feature for podcasts.
For more details on all the changes coming to the app, see the list below.
Music, Podcasts and Audiobook previews on Home
With the new Spotify mobile app redesign, simply tapping into the Music, Podcasts & Shows, or Audiobooks feed offers personalized audio and visual previews. From there, users can save or share content, and explore artist or podcast pages in more depth.
The redesigned Spotify mobile app provides a fresh listening experience with personalized recommendations that match the vibe of user-generated playlists. This feature enhances the listening experience by shuffling tracks and offering perfectly tailored suggestions.
New feeds for discovery in Search
By scrolling up or down on the Spotify app, users can browse short Canvas clips from tracks across a range of favourite genres. The redesigned app makes it easy to save the song to a playlist, follow the artist, or share it with friends. Additionally, users can explore related genres using hashtags within the feed, allowing for the effortless discovery of new favourites.
Furthermore, the app also offers the ability to preview tracks on popular playlists such as Discover Weekly, Release Radar, New Music Friday, and
Autoplay for Podcasts
Similar to the music feature, Spotify now offers Autoplay for Podcasts. After an episode ends, the app will automatically play another relevant episode that matches the user's listening preferences.
ChatGPT just got more accessible: Here’s how you can open the AI Chatbot directly from Mac's menu bar
This US-based startup claims to have cracked the process of reverse aging
Popular on BI
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- The new Barbie movie used so much pink paint on set that it caused an international shortage, according to its production designer
- Attractiveness of gold depends on US Fed's moves, say analysts
- Coal India’s ₹4,000 crore offer for sale subscribed 4x times
- Nvidia's Jensen Huang started with a $10 million failure before shifting gears to become a $1 trillion company
- Meet the top Nifty50 performers in FY23
- Apple to declare the 12-inch MacBook as obsolete on June 30