3 foods and drinks you should consume when sick, according to a doctor
- When sick, eat foods high in vitamins and minerals like oranges, red bell peppers, and spinach.
- If you're sick and lost your appetite, try taking vitamin C supplements.
- Because you're often dehydrated when sick, be sure to drink plenty of water or a hot broth.
Chicken noodle soup is a classic remedy for the common cold. However, it's not your only option. Other foods, supplements, and fluids can help you find relief and get back on your feet. Here's what you should eat and drink to get over your cold.
1. Eat foods high in vitamin C, zinc, magnesium, and calcium"At the first signs of a cold, you want to focus your
Likewise, the recommended amount of zinc per day for the average adult is 8 mg for women and 11 mg for men. Foods high in zinc include:Though more research is needed, some studies suggest that a lack of magnesium can lead to a weakened immune system. Therefore, enough magnesium in your diet may help you fight infection.
The recommended amount of magnesium per day for the average adult is between 310 mg for women and 420 mg for men. Magnesium-rich foods include:
2. Supplements can also helpWhen you're sick, you may lose your appetite, which makes it harder to get the
3. Drink water, broths, and caffeine-free tea
- Delhi reports its lowest daily COVID-19 cases in 104 days, records 213 single day COVID-19 cases
- Here’s how to recharge your Reliance Jio on WhatsApp
- India may classify Bitcoin as an asset class, but that may not solve the underlying problem
- Facebook rolls out new chat themes and payment options in Messenger app for US users
- Dodla Dairy's ₹520 crore IPO isn't to expand into new markets but to strengthen its foothold where it already exists