Lobster, cereal, and 6 more everyday words people around the world use to describe money
It's the Australian way to reference a $20 note, according to giffgaff money , which recently teamed up with British artist Paul Blow to illustrate some of the craziest slang used to describe coins, cash, notes, and money in different countries around the world.
Below, learn about eight everyday words that reference money, so you won't look so confused on your trip across the pond when someone asks if you have any squids to spare.
More from this author
- The Prime Minister’s travel diaries!
- Travel increasingly moving online: Ibibo
- Welcome to Business Insider's travel vertical!
- Paytm is introducing insurance for bus travel
- Top 5 emerging international travel destinations
- 10 travel destinations trending this summer
- Travel to Cuba is becoming incredibly inexpensive