Microsoft Billionaire Paul Allen Reportedly Sold This Painting For $56.2 Million
Bloomberg report s.
The piece was "Untitled (Red, Blue, Orange)," completed by modern artist Mark Rothko in 1955. Rothko works are extremely valuable - a similar painting sold for $66.2 million at Christie's earlier this month.
Allen bought the work for $34.2 million in 2007, and he was guaranteed an undisclosed minimum amount regardless of how much it sold for this week.
The $56.2 million Allen's painting fetched made up for 43% of total sales for the night's auction, which also featured pieces by Andy Warhol and Jean-Michel Basquiat. The night's $132 million total was the auction house's highest tally since November 2010.
According to Bloomberg , many stylish young people were in attendance, including Leonardo DiCaprio and Christie's contemporary art specialist Loic Gouzer.
More from this author
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- What's 'hot' and what's 'not' for tech in 2017
- Apple Shares Up More Than 2% As iPhone Announcemen...
- More than 1 million people now pay for Tinder's pr...
- SBI cleans up its balance sheets by writing off lo...
- Thanks to her mom, 3-year-old London Scout is Inst...
- Two former Apple and LloydsPharmacy execs have lau...
13-yr-old Ashwini needs help to fight Cancer!
5 signs that you are in a toxic relationships
10 Ridiculously Weird Things You Can Buy Online
7 bollywood celebrities with royal background
Help family recover from a horrific accident!
10 key historical events that transformed India