Obama dreams of opening a T-shirt shack in Hawaii after he leaves the presidency
Cory Lum-Pool/Getty Images
It seems, however, that he's eager to escape the stresses of the highest office in the country.
In a story about how Obama spends his hours of solitude after dark, The New York Times included this anecdote about Obama's dream to open up a T-shirt shack in Hawaii once he leaves the presidency.
Here's the relevant portion of the story:
There is time, too, for fantasy about what life would be like outside the White House. Mr. [Rahm] Emanuel, who is now the mayor of Chicago but remains close to the president, said he and Mr. Obama once imagined moving to Hawaii to open a T-shirt shack that sold only one size (medium) and one color (white). Their dream was that they would no longer have to make decisions.
During difficult White House meetings when no good decision seemed possible, Mr. Emanuel would sometimes turn to Mr. Obama and say, 'White.' Mr. Obama would in turn say, 'Medium.'
The Times' story is also full of other tidbits about Obama's nighttime habits .
More from this author
- World politics: Tainting love
- The pound is officially all about politics
- This is how you can nail politics at workplace
- Rahul Gandhi 'snooping': BJP tells Congress to sto...
- Tony Blair has hinted at a dramatic return to poli...
- This Google Chrome extension weeds out politics fr...
- Politico shuffles reporters as it refocuses media ...