The 10 most effective ad campaigns this year
This year, online campaigns dominated the top 10. 11 of the 20 highest-ranked campaigns were digital-led. Ad firm Droga5 was the only agency to get into the list more than once. It featured three times with campaigns for Under Armour, Honey Maid, and Newcastle Brown Ale.
The campaigns were ranked according to a points score calculated with a " rigorous methodology " using data from ad award ceremonies around the world. The assessment included the campaign's impact, industry perception, and the level of competition it faced. For each competition a particular campaign won, its award points were multiplied by the rating of the competition.
Scroll down to see the top ten.
View As: One Page Slides
10. Under Armour — I Will What I Want. Warc Points: 53.5
9. Hindustan Unilever — Kan Khajura Tesan. Warc Points: 58.2
8. Coca Cola — Share a Coke. Warc Points: 59.5
7. Honey Maid — This is Wholesome. Warc Points: 59.9
6. Newcastle Brown Ale — If We Made It. Warc Points: 66.4
5. Volvo — Live Test Series. Warc Points: 68.3.
4. Intermarché — Inglorious Fruits and Vegetables. Warc Points: 69.9
3. America's Navy — Project Architeuthis. Warc Points: 81.2.
2. Always — #LikeAGirl. Warc Points: 126.3.
1. OPSM — Penny the Pirate. Warc Points: Warc Points: 138.6.
More from this author
- Facebook's mobile advertising onslaught continues
- The 10 most popular advertising CEOs
- Mobiles: The Hottest Advertising Platform in India
- The 30 most creative people in advertising
- Apple should kill its advertising business
- #IndependenceDaySpl: The evolution of Indian Adver...
- 18 false advertising scandals that cost some brand...