There's a massive new leak of confidential spy files from MI6, Mossad and the FSB
Documents from Britain's MI6 and Israel's Mossad are included, along with the Russian FSB, South African SSA and the Australian ASIO. (No American intelligence agencies appear to be included.) Al-Jazeera is publishing the leaks over the coming days in conjunction with the Guardian, promising that they will provide "an unprecedented insight into operational dealings of the shadowy and highly politicised realm of global espionage."
The documents date from 2006 to December 2014. They will be redacted before publication and their full contents are not yet known, but reportedly include:
- Israel's "true" assessment of Iran's nuclear capabilities.
- An MI6 operation to recruit a North Korean spy.
- "An assassination plot targeting an African union leader."
The source for the documents appears to be a leak in South Africa's SSA agency, including "detailed briefings and internal analyses written by operatives of South Africa's State Security Agency (SSA)", as well as "secret correspondence with the US intelligence agency, the CIA, Britain's MI6, Israel's Mossad, Russia's FSB and Iran's operatives, as well as dozens of other services from Asia to the Middle East and Africa."
Here's Al-Jazeera's trailer for the forthcoming leaks:
More from this author
- 23 pictures that sum up a truly crazy year in UK p...
- World politics: Tainting love
- The pound is officially all about politics
- Putin Is Infiltrating European Politics With Shock...
- This is how you can nail politics at workplace
- A politics professor explains why there won't be a...
- HSBC: 'Politics is the new economics' in the marke...
5 signs that you are in a toxic relationships
10 Ridiculously Weird Things You Can Buy Online
7 bollywood celebrities with royal background
Help family recover from a horrific accident!
10 most anticipated Bollywood movies of 2017
Father's Incredible battle to save his Girl!