Ministry of MSME Signs MoU To Create Entrepreneurship In The Sector
The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (
The partnership between the ministry and the International Labour Organisation is purely technical with the aim of creating more and better quality employment in India.
“Its activities will be focused around three priority areas which includes entrepreneurship development, good workplace practices for improving productivity and enhancing integration into global supply chains, and research and knowledge-building related to sustainable enterprises and formalization strategies,” said the ministry in a statement.
The MoU was signed between Madhav Lal, Secretary, ministry of MSME and Tine Staermose, Director, Decent Work team for South Asia and Country Office of India on Monday.
It should be noted that in recent times, Prime Minister Modi has emphasized on the need for rapid growth of MSMEs and has encouraged players to enter the sector. The Make In India initiative is also expected to give a boost to the MSME players in the manufacturing sector.
- Times Internet's M360 partners with Google to enable effective monetization for digital publishers
- With 82,170 new COVID-19, India's coronavirus tally crossed 60 lakh
- RBI approves panel of three independent directors to run Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- Farmers protest against three farm bills turn violent after protestors set a tractor on fire near India Gate
- Bank stocks gain as Supreme Court defers verdict on loan moratorium case to October 5