Here are the 15 top jobs companies are hiring for amid the pandemic
- The job marketplace ZipRecruiter used listings on its website to identify four industries with increased hiring amid the coronavirus outbreak: transportation, tutoring, warehousing, and healthcare.
- As businesses close to try to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, many workers have already lost jobs and hours.
- Demand for nursing jobs, including registered nurses and nurse practitioners, is up by 49%, ZipRecruiter said.
- Here are 15 job titles with increased demand amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
But some jobs have grown over the past month.
The job marketplace ZipRecruiter tracked month-over-month changes in demand for job titles and industries between February and March. The company connects millions of job seekers to businesses on its marketplace.
Through its analysis, ZipRecruiter found four industries with hiring spikes during the US coronavirus outbreak: manufacturing, tutoring, healthcare, and transportation.
Demand for nursing jobs, including registered nurses and nurse practitioners, rose by 49%, for instance. Jobs for truck drivers who can operate CDL flatbed vehicles rose by a whopping 976%. And warehouse workers are the big winners - warehouse-handler roles saw a 1,677% increase in March.
Here are 15 jobs that have seen rapid increases in hiring over the past month:Do you have a personal experience with the coronavirus you'd like to share? Or a tip on how your town or community is handling the pandemic? Please email email@example.com and tell us your story.
Get the latest coronavirus business & economic impact analysis from Business Insider Intelligence on how COVID-19 is affecting industries.