Scandal-ridden Wirecard's extraordinary rise and fall will be turned into a documentary charting its $2 billion accounting fraud saga
- Wirecard's accounting fraud that led to its recent downfall will be turned into a
documentary, a Germanmedia company announced on Thursday.
fintech's extraordinary rise and fall represents one of Germany's biggest economic scandals, but the story is incomplete since much about what actually happened is still unknown.
- The documentary is scheduled for an early 2021 release under German director Raymond Ley, and producers Nico Hoffman and Marc Lepetit.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The fintech's extraordinary rise and fall represents one of Germany's biggest economic scandals, but the story is incomplete since much about what actually happened is still unknown.Wirecard's documentary-drama is expected to show the circumstances that led to the financial scandal, alongside a history of the company and its executives.Advertisement
It aims to shed light on what former CEO Markus Braun, CFO Alexander von Knoop, and COO Jan Marsalek knew, what moves they agreed upon, and whether differences among them crept up along the way.
"Bloated balance sheets, missing billions and a top manager on the run: The tremendous rise and almost free fall of the DAX company
"At the same time, it is simply perfect narrative."
- INTERVIEW: Tech Mahindra CFO says lateral hiring will take time — and only after utilisation improves to pre-COVID levels
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists