18 false advertising scandals that cost some brands millions
ASR Photos on Flickr
In advertising, there's a big difference between pushing the truth and making false claims.
Many companies have been caught out for peddling mediocre products, using wild claims like "scientifically proven" with "guaranteed results."
For companies that cross the line, it can cost millions and lead to a damaged reputation.
We found 18 examples of false advertising scandals that have rocked big brands - some are still ongoing and not all companies have had to pay up, but each dealt with a fair amount of negative publicity.
Karlee Weinmann and Kim Bhasin contributed to an earlier version of this report.
More from this author
- Facebook's mobile advertising onslaught continues
- Finding solutions to India's transportation challe...
- The 10 most-liked advertising CEOs
- Facebook’s New Advertising Platform To Hit Markets?
- The 30 most creative people in advertising
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today
- Apple should kill its advertising business