External Affairs minister tells Amazon to stop selling Indian flag doormats or no visa for Amazon employees
Nazia BijalJan 12, 2017, 12.36 AM
The whole Twitter tirade started after someone tagged the minister in an image where it showed Amazon selling Indian flag doormats. She wrote that Amazon must "tender unconditional apology" and withdraw the doormat products "insulting our national flag immediately." The official flag code of India states: "the Flag shall not be used as a portion of costume or uniform of any description nor shall it be embroidered or printed upon cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins or any dress material." Disrespect to the national flag is a punishable offense in India. It involves a three-year jail term and a fine or both.
Her message seems to be aimed at
More from this author
- An Indian official threatened to take away visas f...
- Sushma Swaraj Holds Talks With Her Chinese Counter...
- Sushma Swaraj knew what she’s doing and offered r...
- Congress steps up ante against PM Modi, Sushma Swa...
- Amid growing India-Pak tensions, Sushma Swaraj hel...
- Sushma Swaraj seeks US investment for a "win-win" ...
- Will never sign NPT to get into NSG, says Sushma S...
Help this father stay alive for 1-yr-old son!
Prelaunch Lodha Amara - Kolshet Thane 1,2&3 bhk @ Rs.58 lac+
Lodha Amara Thane
Own monthly rent generating property for as little as 10 lac
Own monthly rent generating property for as little as ₹5L
Lodha Amara @ Kolshet Thane - 1, 2 & 3 bhks @ 58 lac+
Lodha Amara - Kolshet Thane
The last chance for little Arisha to survive