The healthiest lettuces and leafy greens for you, ranked
So which leaves and lettuces should you use in your salad to justify the croutons, bacon, and tasty dressing you add?
We're here to help you find the most nutritious ones.
In the past rankings, we've relied on the CDC's 2014 list of "powerhouse foods" . But this time, we factored in how many nutrients (specifically potassium, fiber, protein, riboflavin, niacin, folate, B6, calcium, iron, zinc, and vitamins A, C, and B6) the greens pack per calorie.
Of course, none of the veggies on this list are bad for you, and you won't necessarily be worse off for picking one over another. With that said, here are the healthiest greens for your salads.
More from this author
- Business Insider is hiring a science reporter
- 14 science-backed ways to sleep better
- 15 places where computer science majors dream of w...
- Ad tech company Audience Science is shutting down
- How to take the perfect vacation, according to sci...
- Science says happier people have these 9 things in...
- 9 science-backed ways to appear more attractive