We Beat The Crap Out Of A "ShatterProof" iPhone With Hammers, Drills, And Sanders
Click for sound:
Problem is, the glass screens on these devices are highly susceptible to breaks, cracks, and scratches. If you don't have a cracked smartphone screen, you probably know someone who does.
But a product called the "ShatterProof" screen protector by Amzer claims it can keep your iPhone or Samsung Galaxy device "unbreakable." From the Amzer website:
"The protector is scratch resistant, stress resistant, drop resistant and a has special self healing capability with dissipative functioning embodied - it is virtually indestructible making your device unbreakable!"
So, to test the company's claim that the "ShatterProof" is indeed shatterproof, I got several of my co-workers to take a drill, sander, and hammer to a "ShatterProof"-equipped iPhone 5. Admittedly, I didn't think the "ShatterProof" stood a chance against my hammer-wielding co-workers, but the 0.2 millimeter thick piece of plastic proved to be extremely durable.
See how much of a beating the "ShatterProof" screen protector can take in the video above.
Produced by William Wei & Justin Gmoser
More from this author
- A Cheaper iPhone 5S May Be Coming Next Week
- Walmart Permanently Slashes The Price Of The iPhon...
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- iPhone 5S up for grabs only for Rs 24,999! Why is ...
- How The iPhone 6's Camera Compares To The Galaxy S...
- One Of The Most Talked-About Movies At Sundance Wa...
- Apple is refusing to unlock an iPhone 5s for US la...
The last chance for little Arisha to survive
Grade a commercial property leased to blue-chip tenant @ 9%
Little Aadithyan needs your urgent help!
Own monthly rent generating property for as little as ₹5L
Save Shrayansh from a life-crippling disorder
Grade A commercial property leased to blue-chip tenant @ 9%