We Beat The Crap Out Of A "ShatterProof" iPhone With Hammers, Drills, And Sanders
Click for sound:
Problem is, the glass screens on these devices are highly susceptible to breaks, cracks, and scratches. If you don't have a cracked smartphone screen, you probably know someone who does.
But a product called the "ShatterProof" screen protector by Amzer claims it can keep your iPhone or Samsung Galaxy device "unbreakable." From the Amzer website:
"The protector is scratch resistant, stress resistant, drop resistant and a has special self healing capability with dissipative functioning embodied - it is virtually indestructible making your device unbreakable!"
So, to test the company's claim that the "ShatterProof" is indeed shatterproof, I got several of my co-workers to take a drill, sander, and hammer to a "ShatterProof"-equipped iPhone 5. Admittedly, I didn't think the "ShatterProof" stood a chance against my hammer-wielding co-workers, but the 0.2 millimeter thick piece of plastic proved to be extremely durable.
See how much of a beating the "ShatterProof" screen protector can take in the video above.
Produced by William Wei & Justin Gmoser
HP Elite Lounge
More from this author
- A Cheaper iPhone 5S May Be Coming Next Week
- Walmart Permanently Slashes The Price Of The iPhon...
- The iPhone 5S Is Actually Doing Really Well In Chi...
- T-Mobile Will Give Anyone A Free iPhone 5S To Test...
- iPhone 5S up for grabs only for Rs 24,999! Why is ...
- How The iPhone 6's Camera Compares To The Galaxy S...
- One Of The Most Talked-About Movies At Sundance Wa...
George Clooney's Home Is Beyond Stunning
Taylor Swift's Outfits Leaves You To Your Imagination
See if your data strategy is ahead of the curve.
Only 1 in 10 Americans Can Pass This U.s. History Quiz
15 Most Attractive Female Billionaires
No Time for the Gym? This In-Home Machine is All You Need