'Just asking!': Trump goes on another early morning tweetstorm about Hillary Clinton and Russia
"Was the brother of John Podesta paid big money to get the sanctions on Russia lifted? Did Hillary know?," Trump tweeted .
In a follow-up tweet, the president wrote , "Did Hillary Clinton ever apologize for receiving the answers to the debate? Just asking!"
Trump seems to be referring to leaked emails that suggested interim DNC chair Donna Brazile shared information about CNN-sponsored debates with Clinton's campaign. The president may also be referencing reports in The Daily Caller about Podesta's shares in a firm with links to Russian investors.
Earlier Monday morning, Trump praised a Fox & Friends segment on the "unmasking," or revealing, of the names of Trump associates who may have had their communications swept up by US intelligence officials.
Over the weekend, Trump also used Twitter to draw attention to the Fox report.
"Wow, @FoxNews just reporting big
Trump's administration has repeatedly stated that the focus of the investigation into Russia should be on who was responsible for unmasking the names of Trump associates, rather than any connections between the campaign and a foreign power that interfered in the election.
Sonam Sheth contributed reporting to this story.
More from this author
- Here are the best stories in news, politics, and d...
- 'A natural outgrowth of America electing a reality...
- World politics: Tainting love
- Wall Street Journal editor offers vehement defense...
- The pound is officially all about politics
- US politics has grown insanely polarized
- APPLY NOW: Business Insider is hiring a Politics R...