50 Cent slams Rick Ross with a $2 million lawsuit accusing him of stealing 'In Da Club'
He has filed a lawsuit seeking $2 million against the fellow rapper, according to Billboard, accusing him of rapping over 50's hit song "In Da Club" on a mixtape.Rick Ross put out a remix of the 50 Cent song with his own lyrics over the beat on the mixtape "#RenzelRemixes," released in November, which was meant to promote his recent "Black Market" album, according to the lawsuit.
"Our complaint alleges that Rick Ross has taken [50 Cent's name and reputation] without permission to advertise his own album, and violated 50 Cent's rights in the process, and we believe he should be held liable," the statement said.50 Cent and Rick Ross have feuded before, with 50 Cent paying $7 million for leaking a sex tape said to feature the mother of Rick Ross' child.
Amid all the litigation, 50 Cent filed for bankruptcy.
- 1.28 lakh people over 60 years get 1st dose of COVID vaccine on first day
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers SII and Bharat Biotech: Report
- GST revenue up 7% year-on-year in February to over ₹1.13 lakh crore
- Here is the list of common side-effects of COVID-19, so that you don't panic if you get these
- These are the top 10 likely IPOs scheduled in March 2021