Can An Alleged Affair With A 41-Year-Old Movie Star Save Francois Hollande's Presidency?
So far, French President
Rumors had been swirling about a possible affair between Hollande and Julie Gayet, and Hollande has a complicated romantic history - while he has never married, his current partner is Valerie Trierweiler, who he hooked up with after having four children with politician Segolene Royal.While in other countries allegations of an affair might spell political doom, in
The report may even engender some sympathy for Hollande. "It shouldn't undermine his presidency," Philippe Marliere, a professor in French politics at UCL London, told the Local today. "He is already a very unpopular president. People might even look at it and say "wow, she's very pretty, how did he do that.""Of course, not everyone agrees. On Closer's website, a poll about the scandal suggests that 78% of readers think that Hollande's credibility will suffer.
- 1.28 lakh people over 60 years get 1st dose of COVID vaccine on first day
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers SII and Bharat Biotech: Report
- GST revenue up 7% year-on-year in February to over ₹1.13 lakh crore
- Here is the list of common side-effects of COVID-19, so that you don't panic if you get these
- These are the top 10 likely IPOs scheduled in March 2021