Here are the world's biggest shoppers
The world's biggest shoppers are still in the US and Europe.
US household consumption expenditures totaled $11.5 trillion in 2013, followed closely by the European Union at $10.3 trillion. By comparison, China was at $3.4 trillion, Brazil was at $1.4 trillion, and India and Russia both saw around $1.1 trillion.In total, the combined consumption expenditure of the the BRICs was around $7.1 trillion - less than both the US and the EU.
"As such, EM consumers are not yet ready to assume the role of the world's most important shoppers in the way that US and European consumers did in the past," he adds.
- Delhi traffic police shuts UP-Delhi border roads due to farmers' protests
- Budget session may conclude before first phase of assembly polls: Sources
- Budget session of Parliament likely to be cut short; may conclude before Holi: Sources. PTI JTR NAB AQS AQS
- Tata dials up another acquisition talk – with India’s discovery platform Just Dial, whose stock is up by 7%
- 86.25% Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra, Kerala, Punjab, Karnataka, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu: Government