Here are the world's biggest shoppers
The world's biggest shoppers are still in the US and Europe.
US household consumption expenditures totaled $11.5 trillion in 2013, followed closely by the European Union at $10.3 trillion. By comparison, China was at $3.4 trillion, Brazil was at $1.4 trillion, and India and Russia both saw around $1.1 trillion.In total, the combined consumption expenditure of the the BRICs was around $7.1 trillion - less than both the US and the EU.
"As such, EM consumers are not yet ready to assume the role of the world's most important shoppers in the way that US and European consumers did in the past," he adds.
- Covaxin trial to begin in Bengaluru hospital on Wed
- Initial assessment of adverse events didn't necessitate stoppage of vaccine trials: ICMR
- Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials for Sputnik vaccine commence
- 'Delhi chalo': After Singhu and Tikri, Delhi Police closes Chilla border due to farmers' protest
- Manforce Condoms promotes its competitors in its latest ad for World AIDS Day