Here are the world's biggest shoppers
The world's biggest shoppers are still in the US and Europe.
US household consumption expenditures totaled $11.5 trillion in 2013, followed closely by the European Union at $10.3 trillion. By comparison, China was at $3.4 trillion, Brazil was at $1.4 trillion, and India and Russia both saw around $1.1 trillion.In total, the combined consumption expenditure of the the BRICs was around $7.1 trillion - less than both the US and the EU.Advertisement
"As such, EM consumers are not yet ready to assume the role of the world's most important shoppers in the way that US and European consumers did in the past," he adds.
- World Menstrual Hygiene Day: Ways to go sustainable
- Samsung's partnership with Benow will allow local stores to sell TVs and digital appliances online
- Arunachal govt equipped to handle possible spike in COVID-19 cases as more people return: Khandu
- Doubling rate of COVID-19 cases in MP at 21 days: Chouhan
- Hacking Aarogya Setu can win you ₹1 lakh to ₹3 lakh through the Indian government’s ‘bug bounty’ programme