How 17 famous companies got their quirky names
Have you ever wondered how today's famous companies got their names?
Because of their success, these company names are very familiar to us, but most of them have hidden meanings behind their peculiar names. LEGO, for example, is the combination of two Danish words that translate into "play well."We tracked down the etymologies of 17 of the world's largest and most oddly named companies. You'll find that each of their names has a fascinating origin story.Advertisement
Skye Gould/Business Insider
This is an update of a previous post by Alison Griswold.
- Maha: 38-year-old policeman dies of COVID-19 in Palghar
- What you must know to get started with JioMeet – the video conferencing platform going viral now
- BSE inks pact with IIT Alumni Council to encourage startups listing
- Mothers, newborns lose 20% health services due to Covid-19: Study
- India worst hit by public Cloud security incidents: Survey