Moms Start Viral Petition Against Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Food Dyes
started a petition against the Yellow 5 and Yellow 6 chemicals in
North Carolina moms Vani Hari and Lisa Leake claim in their Change.org
The chemicals, which give the cheese powder its orange glow, are even banned in Norway and Austria, according to the petition. Kraft doesn't use the ingredients in its macaroni and cheese in the U.K.
"(Yellow 5 and Yellow 6) add absolutely no nutritional value to the foods we are eating and are solely used for aesthetic purposes," the moms said in the petition. "These unnecessary dyes are not in Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in other countries, including the UK, because they were removed due to consumer outcry."The moms want Kraft to phase the chemicals out of the recipe.
Kraft pointed out in a statement to us that many of its macaroni and cheese products are made without dye, including its organic and white cheddar varieties."We carefully follow the laws and regulations in the countries where our products are sold," the statement says. "So in the U.S., we only use colors that are approved and deemed safe for food use by the Food and Drug Administration."
- Maha: Infant dies after taking polio vaccine in Palghar
- Delirium, rare brain inflammation, stroke linked to COVID-19: Study
- Cipla says COVID-19 drug Remdesivir will hit market this week
- Singapore reports 158 new COVID-19 cases
- Police inspector tests positive for COVID-19, Bareilly SSP's office sealed