STOCKS RISE: Here's what you need to know
Pablo Martinez Monsivais/APFederal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen speaks during a news conference following the Federal Open Market Committee meeting in Washington, Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017.
Stocks finished up on Tuesday, as Fed chair Janet Yellen warned that the recently passed Republican tax reform package could cause the central bank to raise interest rates more quickly than previously signaled.Here's Tuesday's scoreboard:
- Dow: 24,916 (+0.37%)
- S&P 500: 2,712172 (+0.61%)
- Nasdaq: 7,065.5 (+0.84%)
In other news…
- Disney is turning away from the dark side with its 21st Century Fox acquisition .
- Ripple's XRP token exploded to a new record above $3.
- Trump's tax overhaul has slowed Manhattan's real estate market.
- Finally,People thought millennials hated credit cards - then JPMorgan cracked the code with the Chase Sapphire Reserve