The CEO of the Indian e-commerce giant that Walmart bought a $16 billion stake in has resigned amid allegations of personal misconduct
Flipkart CEO Binny Bansal has announced his resignation, effective immediately, following an independent investigation into an "allegation of serious personal misconduct," Walmart said in a press release out Tuesday morning. Bansal strongly denies the allegations.The investigation, which was conducted on behalf of both Flipkart and Walmart, did not find evidence corroborating the accusers claims but did however find Bansal to have made lapses in judgment, the release said.Advertisement
In August, Walmart acquired a 77% stake in Flipkart for $16 billion in an effort to keep pace with Amazon in India.
This story is developing...
- North Pole could see more clouds as a new chemical compound infiltrates its skies
- New motor vehicle rules effective from October 1— Here’s everything you need to know
- Mazagon Dock IPO shines while UTI AMC and Likhitha Infrastructure clock in a tepid response from investors
- Supermassive black hole traps six galaxies in a web that is 300 times bigger than the Milky Way
- Punjab government lifts night curfew and ends Sunday lockdown as coronavirus cases dip