We tried men's grooming products from Duke Cannon, a military-inspired body-care brand that's giving back to veterans - here's what it's like to use
- Duke Cannon is a military-inspired men's grooming brand that's equal parts fun to use and good quality.
- The brand sells soaps, colognes, lip balm, and a lot more.
- While it's military-inspired branding might seem like it's just novel for novelty's sake, we found the products to be great, and Duke Cannon supports real active-duty military members and veterans by donating 5% of its net profits to military causes.
- We tested a wide range of Duke Cannon's products and ultimately liked everything, though admittedly, some of us were a little put off by the overtly macho messaging. Keep reading to find our thoughts.
The men's grooming industry is filled with brands that use overly-macho branding simply to dupe men into thinking they're products are worth buying.Duke Cannon, an up-and-coming men's grooming brand, could easily fall under that category just based on its packaging - that is, if it weren't for the fact that its products are actually really great.Advertisement
Duke Cannon actually supports its source of inspiration. Every year the brand donates 5% of its net profits to causes (typically one for each quarter of the year) that benefit veterans and active-duty military. In the past, Duke Cannon has donated to K9s for Warriors, Honor Flight, and Fisher House. On top of its yearly donations, the brand provides grooming products to smaller military-based organizations when their budget permits.
While some might find the branding to be clever and catchy, others might find it to be off-putting - and that's ok. Duke Cannons firmly backs the quality of its products, so we decided to put them to the test. After trying everything from the "Big Ass Brick of Soap" and the "offensively large lip balm" to the new line of colognes and cooling after-shave, we concluded they work well, no matter how we felt about the branding.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
Duke Cannon Big Ass Brick of Soap
Duke Cannon Cooling After-Shave Balm and Field TowelsAdvertisement
Duke Cannon Balm 140° Tactical Lip Protectant
Duke Cannon Prescott Proper CologneAdvertisement
Duke Cannon Seneca Proper Cologne
Duke Cannon Randolph Proper CologneAdvertisement
- Passenger on IndiGo's Chennai-Coimbatore flight tests COVID positive; airline 'grounds' crew
- Ahmedabad COVID-19 cases rise by 251 to 10,841; death toll 745
- Amid privacy concerns, Centre makes Aarogya Setu app open source
- Parts of north, southeast Delhi declared COVID containment zones
- MP COVID-19 cases cross 7,000 mark; death toll 305