'Where are they now?' Here's what happened to Apple's famous leadership team that launched the first iPhone in 2007
- The above photo captures Apple's leadership team from 2007; it was shot right after the company unveiled its first iPhone.
- Just over 10 years later, everyone in this photo, except for two men, are no longer at Apple.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you have ever owned a Mac computer, an iPod, an iPhone, or an iPad, there's a great chance one of the men in the above photo was at least partly responsible for the invention.These were the leaders at Apple in 2007, and they oversaw some of Apple's biggest hit products. The photo was taken right after the company unveiled its first iPhone.
Given the recent departure of Jony Ive, Apple's chief designer for the past 20 years, we thought it would be interesting to look back and see what happened to everyone in this photo.
Phil Schiller is still at Apple. He's the senior vice president for worldwide marketing at the company; you've probably seen him at one of Apple's iPhone unveilings.
Tony Fadell left Apple in late 2008, citing “personal reasons.”Advertisement
Jony Ive announced his departure from Apple in June 2019.
Steve Jobs died on October 5, 2011, succumbing to a rare form of pancreatic cancer.Advertisement
Scott Forstall left Apple in 2013, after the botched debut of Apple's Maps app as part of iOS 6 in late 2012.
Eddy Cue is still at Apple. He's the senior vice president of Internet software and services.Advertisement
- Night curfew in Shimla, Kullu, Mandi, and Kangra districts of Himachal, educational institutes shut till Dec 31
- Telangana clears the reopening of cinema halls, theatres and entertainment parks but with 50% capacity
- Civil authorities in Ladakh call for a week-long shutdown as COVID-19 death toll reaches 100
- India smartphone exports touch 11 million till September 2020 – Samsung leads with 9.8 million units
- Potatoes could get costlier in Kolkata — price may hit nearly ₹50/kg in retail markets