'Where are they now?' Here's what happened to Apple's famous leadership team that launched the first iPhone in 2007
- The above photo captures Apple's leadership team from 2007; it was shot right after the company unveiled its first iPhone.
- Just over 10 years later, everyone in this photo, except for two men, are no longer at Apple.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you have ever owned a Mac computer, an iPod, an iPhone, or an iPad, there's a great chance one of the men in the above photo was at least partly responsible for the invention.These were the leaders at Apple in 2007, and they oversaw some of Apple's biggest hit products. The photo was taken right after the company unveiled its first iPhone.
Given the recent departure of Jony Ive, Apple's chief designer for the past 20 years, we thought it would be interesting to look back and see what happened to everyone in this photo.
Phil Schiller is still at Apple. He's the senior vice president for worldwide marketing at the company; you've probably seen him at one of Apple's iPhone unveilings.
Tony Fadell left Apple in late 2008, citing “personal reasons.”
Jony Ive announced his departure from Apple in June 2019.
Steve Jobs died on October 5, 2011, succumbing to a rare form of pancreatic cancer.
Scott Forstall left Apple in 2013, after the botched debut of Apple's Maps app as part of iOS 6 in late 2012.
Eddy Cue is still at Apple. He's the senior vice president of Internet software and services.
- On Earth Day, companies commit to adopt more sustainable practices in an attempt to safeguard our tomorrow
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings
- Poaching doubled during the lockdown in India due to the 'three F's', and these are the animals most under threat
- Android 12 Developer Preview 3: All the upcoming user-facing features revealed