Bob Doll made 10 predictions for 2015 - here's what he got right and wrong
Extrapolations from trends, industry fundamentals, and whole country's productivity can change over 12 months. That doesn't stop people from trying.
Bob Doll, of Nuveen Asset Management, comes out with projections every year for 10 things he think will happen in the economy and the markets.
We looked back at his projections and determined how much he got right and how much he got wrong. Additionally, we compared our assessment to his own reflections on the predictions, which he posted in a note Monday.
Some were obviously right, tech stocks have been much better than energy, while some were blatantly wrong such as a rebound for oil.
With two weeks to go in 2015, there is some room for a few to change, but at this point it isn't much.
So check out Doll's predictions, and our assessments, below.
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- Freshers feel the heat as IT majors put onboarding on indefinite hold
- Musk again offers to buy Twitter for $54.20 a share: Report
- Competition Commission gives conditional approval to Sony-Zee merger deal
- Omnichannel becomes omniscient as retailers gear up for revenge festive celebration
- Redmi Pad Review: A decent tablet for the masses