Cathie Wood's Ark Invest snapped up $55 million in Twitter stock after it rolled out its bitcoin-tipping feature
- Cathie Wood's
Ark Investbought about 830,000
- She bought stock after the social-media company said it will let users send and get tips in
- The Twitter bet reflects Woods' thinking that regulatory issues for digital assets will be manageable.
The investment firm's flagship fund ARK Innovation ETF purchased 661,141 shares in the company, while the ARK Next Generation Internet ETF picked up another 168,766 shares, according to a trade notification update.
Cathie Wood's Twitter bet reflects her thinking that ongoing regulatory issues for digital assets will be manageable. Rule-enforcing agencies around the world have intensified their scrutiny of exchanges and cryptocurrencies as they have become more popular.
In the US, Securities and Exchange Commission boss Chair Gary Gensler has taken a tough stance, saying recently that cryptocurrencies might not be a viable form of payment for long-term use. The SEC chairman has called for greater investor protection around the industry, stoking fears that Wall Street's top regulator is working overtime to create a set of rules that may limit innovation within the volatile cryptocurrency market.
But Wood, whose investing strategy is centered around disruption innovation in tech, recently made a bullish prediction for bitcoin, saying it could hit as much as $500,000 in five years. The digital asset was trading at $42,563 Friday, 3.5% lower on the day, according to data from CoinDesk.
Bitcoin tipping is not the only new feature Twitter flagged. The social network plans to allow its users to connect their
Another new feature announced by Twitter is Super Follows, a monthly subscription service where creators charge a fee for access to premium content.
Twitter was last trading at $66.72 per share on Friday, and is up 23% so far this year.
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- India’s central bank imposes ₹1 crore penalty on the country’s biggest lender
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Amazon's campaign encourages customers to thank its associates and share their happiness with frontline teams
- Brazilians bought more than $4 billion in cryptocurrencies this year as the country looks to regulate Bitcoin
- If you are a pensioner, you can submit Jeevan Pramaan sitting at home — Here is what you need to do
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons