The best men's sunglasses you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- A pair of sunglasses can add some quick style to a wardrobe, or enhance a specific look.
- But sunglasses aren't just about style - it can protect the eyes from harsh UV rays.
- It's important not to go cheap since eye-safety is worth spending the extra money on a good pair.
- Classic aesthetics, superb build quality, and unbeatable value make the US-made AO Eyewear Original Pilots the best sunglasses a man can buy. The squared-off lenses also look great on any face shape and set these shades apart from a crowd full of tear-drop aviators.
Like sneakers and blue jeans, sunglasses are one of those style items that just about everybody owns. It's not hard to see why, given that a good pair of shades is mandatory for shielding your eyes from harsh UV rays. But aside from this ever-important protective task, sunglasses are also a sure way to express your style.
When buying sunglasses, it's important not to go cheap. The safety of your eyes is worth spending the extra money on a good pair that provides proper protection from solar radiation and won't break within a year. The other obvious consideration is style. Naturally, you want to pick something that looks good and suits your personal aesthetic, but also a design that works well with your particular face shape.
Whether you're a fan of the timeless aviators, you love mid-century Americana, or you're just looking for a rugged pair of sport shades that are also suitable for casual wear, we've hand-picked the five best pairs of sunglasses that cover all the style bases and face types.
All of our picks are also built to high standards of quality materials so you know you're getting something that's made to last and offers great UV protection.
Here are the best men's sunglasses you can buy in 2019:
- Best overall: AO Eyewear Original Pilots
- Best plastic-framed sunglasses: Persol PO3019S
- Best retro sunglasses: Ray-Ban Clubmasters
- Best aviator sunglasses: Randolph Engineering Concordes
- Best sport sunglasses: Oakley Holbrook
Updated on 05/06/2019 by Les Shu: Updated links, formatting, and prices.
Keep scrolling to read more details about our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
The best sunglasses overall
The best plastic-framed sunglasses
The best retro sunglasses
The best tear-drop aviator sunglasses
The best casual sport sunglasses
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again