'Bridgerton' star Ruby Barker hospitalized due to mental health after feeling 'really unwell'
- Ruby Barker said she was hospitalized due to her mental health in an Instagram video Thursday.
- Barker, 25, said she sought help for "intergenerational trauma" and has been "really unwell."
"Bridgerton" star Ruby Barker revealed she's currently hospitalized for mental health issues.
Barker, 25, said in an Instagram video shared on Thursday that she sought professional help because she wanted to address the "intergenerational trauma bundled up inside."
"I am better," Barker said. "I've been really unwell for a really long time. I just want to be honest with everybody — I've been struggling."
Barker continued that she was admitted into a hospital but will be discharged soon and plans to take a break for a while.
"And I want to encourage others, if you are struggling, please do yourself a favor. Take a break. Stop being so hard on yourself. And people used to always tell me not to be so hard on myself, and I never really, really knew what that meant," Barker said.
In the video, Barker added that she used to be "rage-filled, frustrated, angry — all this intergenerational trauma bundled up inside me, and I was carrying the weight of the world on my back."
"I'm at a point where I have a diagnosis, and I will talk to you about that at another time," Barker said. "But I have a diagnosis, and I am relinquishing myself and forgiving myself and drawing a line in the sand. I can't carry on the way that I've been carrying on. I need to change. So, that's what I'm trying to do."
Barker finished the video by thanking "Bridgerton" executive producer Shonda Rhimes.
"I need to thank Netflix, Shonda Rhimes, [and] Shondaland for giving me an opportunity — for saving me," Barker said.
—Ruby Barker (@RealRubyBarker) May 28, 2022
On Saturday, Barker thanked her fans for sending messages of support in a Twitter post.
"Sorry I've been quiet, I guess people are finding out why now," Barker wrote. "Just want to say thank you for all the messages of support. I hope speaking out can help destigmatise mental health even a tiny bit, and encourage others to seek help if they need it."
Barker appeared in Season 1 of "Bridgerton" as Marina Thompson, the love interest for Colin Bridgerton. Season 2 of the hit series premiered on March 25.
Season 3 will focus on the love story between Colin, played by Luke Newton, and Penelope Featherington, played by Nicola Coughlan.
- This could be the best time to buy Galaxy Z Fold3 5G in India at ₹1,09,999
- Retail jobs have been slowing down due to WFH and online sales: report
- 85% Indian schools don't have vocational courses as part of their curriculum: WEF
- Govt invites bids for IDBI Bank privatisation; Govt, LIC to sell 60.72%
- Tracxn Technologies IPO: Analyst cautious due to losses and investor exits
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World