Wine, cheese, makeup, and handbags: Here are all of the French products the Trump administration could hit with tariffs of up to 100%
- The Trump administration has threatened to hit France with steep retaliatory tariffs on dozens of its products.
- The move would likely raise the prices of wine, cheese and luxury products for Americans.
- Here are all of the products that could be targeted.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The Trump administration has threatened to hit France with steep retaliatory tariffs on dozens of its products, a move that would likely raise the prices of wine, cheese, and luxury products for Americans.The administration concluded Monday that France had discriminated against US-based technology giants through a digital services tax it passed in July. The Office of the US Trade Representative recommended tariffs as high as 100% on roughly $2.4 billion worth of its products.Advertisement
The USTR plans to hold public hearings on the tariffs January 7. It will accept public comments on them through January 14. Here are all of the products that could be targeted.
- Indian and Chinese army hold fresh talks to discuss disengagement in Depsang plains
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath inaugurates a 400-bed COVID-19 hospital in Noida
- These are the tabletop airports in India – two of them have seen major plane crashes in last 10 years
- India registers 61,537 new COVID-19 cases and 933 more deaths, taking the total toll to 42,518
- A landslide in Kerala's Idukki has left 18 dead and over 50 missing