Train accident injures 38 passengers in Chennai
At least 38
According to police and railway officials, the mishap occurred around 2 a.m. when the coaches of Chennai-Mangalore Express derailed at Puvanur in Vriddhachalam.
The injured have been taken to nearby hospitals, official said, adding that the train services on the busy route were disrupted for a few hours.
However, trains were later operated on alternative route but they were running late.
The Friday's accident is the third one in about a month. The mishap once again put the spotlight on railway safety.
On August 4, more than 35 people died and 25 were injured when two trains derailed in Madhya Pradesh.
Five people, including a Karnataka MLA were killed on August 24 when a granite-laden truck rammed into an express train at a level crossing in Andhra Pradesh.
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings
- Poaching doubled during the lockdown in India due to the 'three F's', and these are the animals most under threat
- Android 12 Developer Preview 3: All the upcoming user-facing features revealed
- These are the hottest fintech and crypto jobs in India right now