L&T played a crucial role in ISRO’s record 104 satellites launch. Here’s how
BI India BureauFeb 16, 2017, 07.44 PM
The company said PSLV-C37 was rocketed into orbit using S139 Motor Casings (Middle segments) manufactured by the Aerospace Business Group of L&T and the electronic packages were mounted on upper stage of PSLV-C37 and Heat Shield using honeycomb deck panels.
“The launch of satellites yesterday is a special achievement for L&T, as its Aerospace business unit has been closely involved with this historic effort that helped India become the only nation to launch 104 satellites in space in single mission,” L&T said in a statement.
The company added the honeycomb deck panels were manufactured at L&T's Advanced Composite facility at Vadodara.
“The spacecraft was tracked using a Deep Space Network Antenna at ISTRAC's tracking facility near Bengaluru. This 32m diameter DSN antenna was installed and commissioned by L&T. The Antenna Mount Structure and 13m-diameter Bull Gear (made for the first time in India) were also manufactured by L&T," the company said.
India became the only nation yesterday to have launched 104 satellites in space at a single launch, beating Russia's record of 37 satellites in 2014.
More from this author
- ISRO launches 104 satellites in one go; beats Russ...
- Larsen & Toubro fires 14,000 employees, calls it a...
- 3 ISRO achievements that made Indians proud!
- ISRO has invited proposals for its Venus-related e...
- ISRO aims to launch 12-18 satellites per year
- ISRO will launch 20 satellites using a single rock...
- ISRO successfully launches earth observation satel...