10 key themes for the world economy in 2017
We have seen insane political upheaval with the vote for Brexit, the election of Donald Trump as president and the resignation of Italy's prime minister.
There have also been wild swings in financial markets as the pound crashed to a 31-year low against the dollar, US markets hit dozens of record highs, and China continued to devalue the renminbi.
What 2017 holds is anyone's guess, but with elections in France, the Netherlands, and possibly Italy coming up, Trump moving into the White House, and Britain set to trigger Article 50, uncertainty will likely reign supreme once again.
All of this means that the global economic picture is muddier than ever before, with strategists scratching their heads as we approach the year end. Thankfully, Adam Slater, the lead economist at research house Oxford Economics has compiled a list of the 10 themes to look out for in 2017.
They range from accelerating worldwide growth to euro/dollar parity. Check them out below:
- Sansera Engineering IPO — How to check allotment status, listing date and more
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- Amazon is investigating its lawyers for allegedly bribing Indian government officials
- Noise ropes in Taapsee Pannu as its brand ambassador for smart wearables
- Online fantasy gaming startup earns almost five times Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings
- Samsung's first F-series phone with 5G support, Galaxy F42, to launch soon
- 2021 Yamaha R15 V4.0, R15M, Aerox 155 launched in India — all you need to know
- Tara Sutaria to be the face of Olay India's premium skincare range