12 Things Successful People Do Before Breakfast
Michael Regan/Getty Images
Those among us who have managed to find professional success and eke out a life actively embrace this philosophy. They must set aside their first hours of the day to invest in their top-priority activities before other people's priorities come rushing in.
Science supports this strategy. Vanderkam cites Florida State University psychology professor Roy Baumeister's famous finding that willpower is like a muscle that becomes fatigued from overuse. Diets, he says, come undone in the evening, just as poor self-control and lapses in decision-making often come later in the day. On the other hand, early mornings offer a fresh supply of willpower, and people tend to be more optimistic and ready to tackle challenging tasks.
So what do successful executives and entrepreneurs do when they are rested and fresh? From Vanderkam's study of morning rituals, we outline the following 12 things that the most successful people do before breakfast.
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Cryptocurrency mining is causing power shutdowns in Kazakhstan, and China may be to blame
- Chip shortages to blame for Black Friday online sales dip
- Global COVID-19 caseload crosses 261 million and 5 million deaths so far
- How Cashify will focus on its marketing and offline stores to ring in its next phase of growth
- Realme 9 series to launch in India in February 2022, to feature four models