8 unexpected travel essentials I brought on my post-graduation trip around the world
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- After college graduation, I took a month-long trip around the world with my friends.
- I packed everything in a relatively small backpacking pack, so I had to be pretty calculated with my packing list. Ultimately, I learned what products were really essentials and what were unnecessary extras.
- These are the eight essentials I brought with me on my trip, which I couldn't imagine traveling without now.
After graduating college, if you're anything like me, you'll probably be overcome with a range of emotions. As one chapter ends you may feel nostalgic, anxious, excited, or a mix of all these emotions as you anticipate what's to come. You may have your next moves set in stone before you even get your diploma or you may be just trying to get a sense of what's next for you.
Flush with a range of post-grad emotions, I put my energy into a different pursuit, backpacking from Israel to Southeast Asia with my friends. We made our way to four countries over the course of a month, packing mostly in large backpacking packs, staying in hostels, Airbnbs, and planning much of our itinerary on the fly. In the end, everything went smoothly. Of course there were bumps along the road, but the excitement of traveling helps to minimize the impact of those obstacles.
I spent a lot of time packing, knowing that I'd be far from home for a month. While I packed pretty light, there were still some things I probably could have lived without, but there were also a host of products I couldn't imagine having gone without.
Whether they made traveling easier, comfier, more efficient, or just helped ease my mind - these are the eight essentials I took on my post-grad trip around the world, and will bring with me for the next big trip I take, too.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
Activated charcoal capsules
- Donald Trump supporters baffled and divided over his claim that Republicans won't vote in 2022 or 2024
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Zoom call was silenced after 'irrelevant' impeachment testimony during hearing of Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons