Amazon Studios head reportedly investigated over claim he made sexual remarks to 'The Man in the High Castle' producer
The remarks were allegedly made by Price at Comic-Con in 2015, following a day of promotional events for Amazon's show. Hackett is the daughter of Philip K. Dick, whose novel inspired the series.
According to the report, an investigation was quickly conducted, however the findings are unknown. Price is still running Amazon Studios and Hackett is still a producer on "The Man in the High Castle."
"I do not wish to discuss the details of this troubling incident with Roy except to say Amazon investigated immediately and with an outside investigator," Hackett said to The Information. "It's my great privilege and responsibility to oversee adaptations of my father's work and I intend to remain focused on doing my very best to give fans thoughtful, faithful and entertaining shows."
News of the alleged investigation at Amazon Studios comes at a time when both Hollywood and Silicon Valley are dealing with other sexual harassment claims.
Earlier this week, two top employees of the Los Angeles arthouse staple Cinefamily stepped down after allegations of sexual harassment surfaced. Uber recently fired more than 20 employees following an investigation into sexual harassment and other bad behavior.
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- In latest round of layoffs by tech majors, SAP cutting 2,900 jobs and IBM 3,900
- US economy expands 2.9 per cent in December quarter
- Air India's progress has been 'nothing short of stunning': CEO Campbell Wilson
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open on a positive note amid positive global cues: Adani Enterprises, Tata Motors, Bajaj Finance among stocks in focus
- 86-year-old removes ‘retirement’ from his dictionary to become a startup founder