Arizona Mom Claims US Border Control Threatened Her With A Knife And Taser
Clarisa Christiansen, a U.S. citizen, says three U.S. agents stopped her on a backcountry road 40 miles north of the U.S.-Mexico border in Arizona. When Christiansen refused to exit until the agents could provide a reason for wanting to search her car, one agent allegedly threatened to tase her.
"He opens up my door and he says, 'Ma'am, do I need to tase you to get you out of your vehicle?'" Chistiansen recounts. "I was like, 'No, you don't need to do that. You're acting ridiculous. Why did you even pull me over?'"
An agent then allegedly pulled out a knife and threatened to cut Christiansen's seatbelt before taking her keys out of the ignition. Fearing for her own safety, Christiansen then exited the car.
Christiansen, along with several others, are currently petitioning the Department of Homeland Security to investigate so-called "unlawful roving patrol stops."
Allegations of corrupt Burder Control agents are nothing new. Last year, a government watchdog found there was a sharp increase of corruption cases involving Border Control and immigration agents, Fox News reported at the time.
Common complaints against Border Patrol agents include unlawful search and seizure, racial profiling, use of excessive force, and destruction of personal property. We reached out to Border Control for comment and will update this post if we hear back.
Below is the ACLU video documenting Christiansen's full account of the incident.
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World