CEO Mittu Chandilya won’t renew his contract with AirAsia India
Among the top three executives that are being considered to replace Chandilya, Amar Abrol, current chief of AirAsia Bhd's insurance arm Tune Money is the frontrunner for the post of AirAsia India’s next chief executive. However, Abrol, who has no prior relevant experience, would be a surprise selection for the post.
At the airline's next board meeting, which is expected by the end of this month, the matter would be discussed and most likely approved. As per ET sources, the airline has probably also selected a new chief financial officer.
Since its operations began less than two years ago, AirAsia India has either lost or replaced about ten top executives, including chief financial officer Vijay Gopalan and commercial director Gaurav Rathore.
"These are speculative reports," an AirAsia India spokesman replied to ET's request for comment. "We have no (further) comments to offer right now."
- IPL to start on April 9 and final to be held on May 30, says BCCI
- Xiaomi patents new foldable smartphone
- Top 10 richest people in Canada according to Forbes as of March 7, 2021
- Global market for desktops, notebooks and tablets to grow 8% in 2021, says new report
- Porsche unveils its first pair of electric bikes priced at $8,549