Ten lessons every female employee should remember at work
Being a woman employee at any workplace comes with its own sets of perks and an even larger library of difficulties. The underlying pressure of having to prove oneself at the workplace, solely because of their gender is a preposterous thought and yet largely prevalent.
And, despite all that’s thrown towards women at work, we’ve marched on- successfully and efficiently towards success and scaled greater heights.
But, we still have our bad days. Days when we don’t believe in ourselves- because someone else wants us to think we’re not good enough. Days we don’t ask for help lest it signifies weakness- and yes, sometimes we may be overdoing it- but it’s only because there are very few
However, there’s a silver lining. Increasingly more and more companies are understanding the need to be inclusive and the importance of encouraging
Recently, the Coca-Cola Company too did something similar. On the occasion of International Women’s Day, the company got its Senior Vice President and Global Chief People Officer,
During her visit, Eberly met and interacted with the woman employees of the company and shared ten lessons that she believed every woman executive should keep in mind.
If you too, are an woman employee, here are the ten things Eberly thinks you should keep in mind-
1. Success means ‘daring to dream’- it doesn’t matter what is on the other side, just know that you can do it.
2. Asking for help is a sign of strength.
3. It is absolutely okay to not have all the answers.
4. It is important to face your fears even if they scare you.
5. Once you commit to something, there should be no going back.
6. When an opportunity knocks on your door, embrace it.
7. We win collectively, we lose separately.
8. Surround yourself with people who are different than you, who teach you and keep you humble.
9. Quit trying to be perfect and do things that really matter
10. Leave the devices and be present for the ones you love.
- NASA, SpaceX postpone historic astronauts launch
- 5 persons test positive for COVID-19 in Manipur, total rises to 44
- 32 people test positive for COVID-19 in Jharkhand, total now 458
- With 68 fresh cases, Bihar's COVID-19 tally crosses 3000-mark
- Bihar's COVID-19 tally rises to 3,036 with 68 fresh cases